Monday, May 25, 2009

Takin a Breather

After a week of pure torture with some kinda gross stomach bug, I finally started feeling a bit better and getting my appetite back on Friday night. Friday was Penn's 2nd birthday! We all celebrated by going to Chuck-E-Cheese's for supper. This was our first adventure at CEC, and I was pretty nervous about how Jac would do. He absolutely loved it! Not that I didn't think he would. I guess I was more nervous about how I would cope chasing around my 18 month old toddler as he explored this kiddie paradise. I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty exhausting, but totally worth it! He rode all of the little kid rides and he especially loved getting his picture taken by the little token machines (about 6 times...maybe more) and then trying to eat his picture. He also liked crawling up the ski-ball ramp and pulling tickets off. After we finally wrangled the kids up and blew ChuckE some kisses, we had to call it quits for the night.



By Saturday, I was back to my normal glutton self. Good thing too...Saturday was a big day for the family. We were having Penn's big birthday party and a few more surprises with it. My mom wanted to have a belated 60th surprise party for one of my aunts (she's actually 61) and all of my aunts wanted to have a surprise 60th party for my mom. The whole ordeal was actually very confusing, but worked out perfectly! Amazingly, no one spilled the beans ahead of time and both women were totally caught off-guard. Not to mention, Penn had a blast at his Elmo/Basketball party. I stayed up til the wee hours on Saturday morning, putting together a slide show for them and then had to get the birthday signs ready to be hung. At the end of the night, we were totally pooped.



At least we had a nice day off today, with no real agenda. I took off to the mall with mom to try to spend some of her giftcards and then met the in-laws for dinner at Percy and Willies. Jac left with them to spend the night, and now I'm missing my baby and trying to be productive while waiting (hoping) on Cam to call.



Currently I am in employment limbo for the 2009-2010 school year. I still do not have SC teaching certification (because my certification expired last June). My NC certification is still good, but that doesn't do me a whole lot of good here. In order to be re-certified I have to take the PLT portion of the PRAXIS II. To make sure that my test results are in before the next school year, I have to take the test on June 13. The test costs $90 plus a $50 registration fee and a $45 late registration fee. If you can't do the math that quickly...that's $185!!!!!!! Am I the only one that thinks that the ETS is totally ripping people off? All this is assuming that I pass it the first time I take it (and lots of people do not).



Also, with the economy in the pits, all signs point to the fact that even if I get my SC certification, districts may not be hiring. At least that's the rumor. If all else fails, I'm still on the sub list so I can get my whopping $60 a day if I choose. I'm thinking about new employment opportunities. Who knows what next year will bring? Please pray that some doors open and I have a stable job for next year! I'm scared!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and your job situation. I have several teacher friends and things are crazy right now. Good lukc with the test too!

    ReplyDelete