Sunday, April 5, 2009

Crazy Week

Well, I finished my first week of 5th grade with flying colors! Now it's time to start round two. This week is complete with a field trip and a day off for Good Friday so it should be pretty chump. I was pretty nervous the first day, because I didn't have a clue what to do. Let's just say I'm pretty good at wingin it when I'm clueless so it all worked out just fine. It's a big change from first grade (although there are some startling similarities), but I feel so much less tired at the end of the day and the school day seems to fly by. (Partly because, I'm only there from 7:30-2:45-ish as opposed to 7:30-4:30.) I'm much more willing to try to stick it out a few more years in the education field as an upper-grade teacher (keyword....TRY).

We found out early this week that my Mom's sister, Connie, had been hospitalized. She's had a really rough time and is currently is stable, but critical condition. They weren't sure what the problem was at first, but the doctors now think that she had pnemonia and had become septic (the infection entered her bloodstream). She has been on a venilator and has tubes in her throat. They tried to take her off of the meds. to sedate her, but she started trying to pull tubes out so they put her back under until they are ready to take the tubes out.

Also, this week one of my Mom's other sisters, Betty was admitted to the hospital due to a problem that she's had over the past few months and are talking about putting a pacemaker in. Needless to say, the Carmon family has had a really rough week. We're all so blessed to have a big family, especially during such a difficult time. Everyone, has just been really worried and stressed out. You know...you really feel like you want to do something, but you just don't know what to do! It makes you feel totally helpless. You want to visit and make sure that everyone knows you're there, but at the same time, you don't want to smother them (and with a family of close to 50 people that's easy to do!)

I didn't get to talk to Cam as much this past week, because of drama in TQ (where he is stationed). I was kind of a wreck about it, but I didn't want to tell anyone that I was worried. I know that I get to talk to my husband more than most people get to talk to their loved ones, but the fact that we talk so regularly made me all the more upset when I didn't hear from him for 2 whole days this week. Plus, I'm constantly consumed by the fact that there may be some things that come up that Cam isn't allowed to tell me, or even worse, things that he chooses not to tell me because he doesn't want me to worry (which, by the way, makes me worry way more!).

Come to find out, whenever something happens (deaths), they shut off their phones and Internet, until they work out all of the details, like notifying the family and investigating to find out all the info. It makes sense though; they don't want it to get back to the family as a rumor before they know exactly what happened. Maybe we should remind these higher-ups that Cam's forkin out $100 a month for this Internet that they can flip a freakin switch to turn off whenever they get the urge.

I get so sleepy waiting on him to call around 10:30 each night. When it gets past 11, I start to realize that he isn't going to call and then I'm wide awake worrying that something happened, and trying to assure myself that he just woke up late and didn't have time to call. Oh yeah, we celebrated (if you can call it celebrating) our 1 month deployment down anniversary this week...woohoo! September can't come fast enough!! This is killing me!

This week wasn't all bad news though. Yesterday, they had the preschool egg hunt at church and Jac had a blast! He was so cute running around crackin the little plastic eggs together and putting them in Elmo's head. After that Kimberly decided that little Jude should make his debut at Art's Alive so we had a little Packard/Coker excursion. Jac was pretty much done by the time we got there. He rode around pretty good in the jogger for the first little bit, but by the time we decided to eat, he was ready to nap (aka...cranky as all get-out!). Sadly this ended our day a little earlier than we wanted and we didn't get to do the sidewalk chalk art with them, but Jac was screaming and I was about to be, so we came home for a nice little nap.

I'll close with some pics, and maybe some video footage (if I can upload it), of our weekend!






1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy reading your updates! Glad to hear all is okay with your husband...Good luck on your field trip....haha :) Last week before Spring break for us! Mandy S.

    ReplyDelete