Sunday, March 1, 2009

He's Gone

So this post should be short and sweet. Cam had to be on base this morning at 5:30. After we got there and unloaded the rain started coming down. We waited for as long as we could, but Jac was freezing and hungry so we sat in the car for a bit before we had to say goodbye.

Bottom line...THIS SUCKS! Today was the hardest day of my life thus far. I'm so thankful that in almost 3 years of active duty, this is the first and last time we will have to do this. I don't think any amount of reenlistment bonus is worth having to watch a dad have to say goodbye to his family. As sad and lonely as I feel, I know he's having a much harder time.

So as Jac's shirt says..."It's all downhill from here." After today, maybe it will start sucking a little less until it's time for him to get home. I'm hoping to hear from him in the next couple of days and I'll post an update. I'm back in Florence for now and will be headed back to NC in a few days to start packing for the big move.

That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment