Thursday, November 13, 2008

UNO!

So, I'm pretty bored tonight. I put Jac to bed a little early so that I could wash clothes and get packed up to leave for SC after work tomorrow...and here I am!

I've been thinking about starting a blog for a little while now to kinda keep people posted as to what's going on with us here in J-Vegas and how Cam is doing on the other side of the country.

Right now, he's in Twenty-Nine Palms, Cali. for combat training (to prepare him for the job he will NOT be doing when he goes to Iraq at the beginning of next year). He left almost 3 weeks ago. I'm going absolutely crazy without him here! I keep thinking of all these funny stories to tell him or questions I want to ask, but I never know if or when I'm going to get to talk to him. He told me he has to walk a half mile (not really a significant distance if you know Cam) just to get a bar or two of cell phone service. With the crappy reception combined with the desert wind, I can barely hear him anyway, so we don't really get to talk for very long, but it's nice to know he's doing OK. Some of his guys got in trouble this past week and now they've all been put on restriction and he may not be able to call again...BUMMER! The worst part of it all is that we have no idea when he will be home...sometime between November 24 and December 5...a lot of help that is!

Right before Cam left, we had a "Baby Boot Camp." Cam was conviced that Jac was going to walk while he was gone, so he had a little training regime to try to help things along...didn't quite work out. Much to my dismay, he took his first steps last Friday (check out the video). I was a little sad to tell Cam about it, but I kinda thought he might figure out that he missed it when he saw Jac running at his birthday party on Thanksgiving Day! lol He can barely get on his feet good and then Kory sees him, gets way too excited and knocks him over trying to lick him. I'm pretty sure that Jac thinks he's a dog and Kory thinks she's a baby...poor crazy kids!

Mama came up on Sunday to help baby-sit Jac while I went to the dentist on Tuesday. I thought I was doing good scheduling my appointment on a day that we didn't have school until I found out that daycare was closed too. Anyhow, I was pretty sure that I'd be felling pretty crummy after everything was finished and I was on pain meds, but everything went great, and my mouth never bothered me at all. I was really hoping that I might be able to lose a pound or two during my recovery (anything at all would have sweetened the $1000+ dollars I had to spend on one stinkin tooth). What do you know? The night after surgery, I'm eating Olive Garden...nice! I did manage to pop in my Yoga DVD last night...so I felt a little better about myself. Probably more so from the motivating instructor than that invigorating work-out...lol.

So now I'm prepping for another LOOOOOng drive back to Florence. Maybe Jac will be a good boy and scream his head off the whole way home again to try to keep me awake. Isn't it sweet the way he tries to help his Mama???

Anyhow, pray for Cam...he's fighting a cold, but still managing to go for a run and to the gym almost every day. Pray for me too....I'm totally bummed without him here! We really loved living in a new place, but now that it's just me being a single mom, with no one here to entertain me (and haul the garbage)....it's not nearly as fun (especially when I have to make 4 trips up and down the stairs to unload the baby and the groceries).

I guess this is all for now. I'll try to post more later.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet video of Jack. Were you luring him with food?! If so, that's hilarious! I'll be praying for your and your hubby. I'm sad for you that he's gone. I couldn't imagine! Take care!
    Julie Helms

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...not food...a smarties wrapper...sad I know. He found it on the floor and was trying to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I loved reading your first post. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you and Cam both to be apart. What a sacrifice your family is making! I'll be praying for you. I love the sweet video of Jac taking steps. Precious!

    ReplyDelete